Баннер
Баннер
Баннер

Система Orphus

A follow up remark
V. Lazarev
A follow up remark

2001, № 2

The previously review previously presented in this e-bulletin entitled REVIEW OF BIBLIOMETRIC STUDIES OF THE LITERATURE IN ONCLOGY is supplemented by more data of the relevant works of Russian and Kazakhstan bibliometricians.

The mentioned review was designed very long ago, and that is personally my fault that I, a principal co-author of the article, missed somehow to include some of the long ago chosen material in it.

The additional information plotted below concerns Chapter 2 of the mentioned review – “Bibliometric studies of the literature in the various subdivisions of oncology (except leukemia research)”:

· In the study [1] (fulfilled by the research team from the Kazakhstan) the species, language and geographical structure of documentary information flow as well as the productivity of scientific periodicals in the esophagus tumors were determined already for the 15 years (1961-75), while in the articles by the same team mentioned in our review the periods under study were 6 (1974-79) and 11 (1965-74) years correspondingly. However, the study [1] was made with the use – in contrast with the studies by the same team mentioned in our review – of the only abstractive source of the USSR, viz. the VINITI Abstractive Journal.

· The Kazakhstan bibliometricians also fulfilled the study of the structure of the references cited in the R&D final reports fulfilled in the Kazakhstan Research Institute of Oncology and Radiology in the year 1980 [2]. This is the structure of documentary information flow used by the researchers of the mentioned institute in 1980. All the 16 reports that were the sources of references dealt with the various specific problems of oncology. The species and chronological structure of the references as well as the average number of references in one R&D report were under study.

· The works fulfilled in the All-Union Oncological Research Centre ought to be mentioned. They reflect the structure of the documentary information flows of Soviet publications in the liver tumors [3] and in the lung cancer [4] for the years 1970-80. The subject structure (determined in accordance with the methods applied in the considered publications) and the species structure of publications were under study.

References:

1. Gordiynko G.P., Sablina S.A., Tishchenko L.V.; On the leading publication sources on the esophagus tumors; Zdaravookhraneniye Kazakhstana [Public Health Service of Kazakhstan], (1978), N 2: 90—91. (in Russian)

2. Povreznyuk L.L., Gordiynko G.P., Dosmagambetova D.K.; Some criteria for the assessment of the documentary information flows in oncology and radiology; Alma-Ata, 1984, 18 p. (The manuscript deposited at the All-Union Research Institute of Medical and Medico-Technical Information in accordance with the decision of the Scientific Council of the Kazakhstan Research Institute of Oncology and Radiology. N 7633-84.) (in Russian)

3. Sagaidak V.N., Puchkov Yu.I., Belyanchikova N.I., Luchenko I.N., Shirikova T.G.; Analysis of the methods of the diagnostics of the liver tumors according to the content of domestic publications in 1970-1980; Moscow, 1987, 9 p. (The manuscript deposited at the All-Union Research Institute of Medical and Medico-Technical Information in accordance with the decision of the Scientific Council of the All-Union Oncological Research Centre. N D-13141.) (in Russian)

4. Sagaidak V.N., Puchkov Yu.I., Belyanchikova N.I., Luchenko I.N., Shirikova T.G.; Analysis of the methods of the diagnostics of the lung cancer according to the content of domestic publications in 1970-1980; Moscow, 1987, 17 p. (The manuscript deposited at the All-Union Research Institute of Medical and Medico-Technical Information in accordance with the decision of the Editorial Board of the periodical Grudnaya Khirurgiya [Breast Surgery] of Nov. 11, 1986, N D-13943.) (in Russian)

5. Strelkova R.M., Solovyeva A.A., Sakharova V.A.; Specialized system of scientific information retrieval in the field of oncology; Nauchno-tekhnitcheskaya informatsiya [Scientific and technical information], Ser. 1, (1980) N 6: 13—14. (in Russian)